Worldlink Installs Top Wireless Services to Veterans During Pandemic
513 Access Points
12 Large Buildings
Test Regularly Administered
The veterans facility serves to provide continuous care toward veterans and their spouses. Operating for over a century, they enhance quality of life by focusing on personal care and individualized services. With hundreds of veterans in care and spanning almost 200 acres, they are one of the largest state veterans facilities in the nation.
The veterans home provides professional healthcare for its aging population. Their healthcare services include social work services, substance abuse counseling, psychiatry and psychology, physical and occupational therapy, and audiology and speech therapy. Patients have access to doctors 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
A large, international VAR and Worldlink started working together in support of the VAR’s client base in 2006. The VAR engaged with the state to provide a large infrastructure refresh, inclusive of the veterans facility. Beyond this project and over the last 15 years, Worldlink Integration has helped them:
- Replace/Maintain the infrastructure in thousands of locations
- Support remote locations from a break-fix perspective to reduce downtime
- Bridge the gap between companies’ IT, Operations, Construction, and Real Estate Teams
- Build out new large corporate locations including cabling, security cameras, and network infrastructure
- Provide full, turn-key solutions, beyond the sale of the hardware
- Focus on the overall account needs of their clients, while Worldlink takes great care of the locations needs onsite
Ongoing Services Include:
- Equipment Upgrades
- Network & Hardware Upgrades
- Wireless Access Points
- Kiosk Upgrades & Installs
- Mobile POS
- Phone Systems
- Cabling and Network Infrastructure
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, aging patients could not see visiting friends and family for risk of exposure to the virus.
As methods of video conferencing increased across the globe, many patients still had issues connecting with loved ones online. The veterans facility is located in a rural town making wireless connectivity difficult across the campus. Furthermore, immobile residents risked their safety to make their way to workstations to plug into the network.
In addition to patients, staff encountered issues with effectively managing the network to troubleshoot issues and provide continual connection.
AP and Cabling Installation
4 month project, 12 Large Buildings
Beginning in December 2020, Worldlink started its project of installing and testing 513 CAT 6 cables and access points spread across 12 large campus buildings.
These access points were critical components to providing wireless internet access to its residents. Due to the pandemic, veterans and their spouses needed continuous wifi to stay connected to the outside world and the ability to utilize videoconferencing technology.
Working on At-Risk Sites
During the project deployment, the Worldlink team took a variety of precautionary steps due to patients' risk of exposure. Much of the team were required to wear full protective suits while installation occurred. Tests were administered regularly to maintain a safe environment to all residents.
In addition, parts of the project took place in units that required critical care. The Worldlink team set up and took down their workspace daily to not only comply with all pandemic protocols, but also the protocols of the unit.
Clearance by Local Partner
Worldlink Granted Special Access
With many COVID-19 restrictions in place, Worldlink engaged with a local, certified partner that had experience working on this campus. They provided the necessary licenses and permits needed to enter at-risk facilities to conduct cabling and hardware installations.
Team members were escorted in every campus building during installation to further ensure the safety of patients and their families.
Worldlink completed this project within four months allowing for the residents to experience wireless connectivity during a troubling time.
“Working with partners can be tricky on large projects, specifically when many different groups are involved. For this project, everyone communicated well and in doing so allowed each group to focus on their areas of responsibility to reach the shared project goals successfully.”
— Project Manager
- Access points allowed veterans and their families to communicate via video conference helping the facility to meet their mission's objective better.
- A top-class wireless infrastructure upgrade allowed residents with mobility issues to safely access connectivity from where they needed it.
- Staff in the facility better can better manage the network to troubleshoot issues and provide continual connection across campus.
- This project enhanced the multitude of services the facility offers its patients allowing them to better serve those who served.
Future-Proof Your Business With Worldlink
Worldlink Integration is a national provider of technology deployment services with specific industry expertise in the retail, restaurant, grocery, and campus infrastructure environments. We have the people, technical partners and processes to bring you the best solutions in the industry, whether you’re looking for a straightforward tech implementation or a complete overhaul of your systems.
Learn how Worldlink can support your next technology deployment project.